The 2020 Virtual Rail Comp
Host: Cable Wakeboard UK
We are excited to announce the second of our one-star national online events, in line with the IWWF Online Competition guidelines. Virtual competitions are a safe and secure alternative allowing us to run competitions safely through Covid19 and stay within government guidelines. The virtual competitions will be open to all British Athletes and free to enter, and you will receive national ranking points.
The competitions are open to new and experienced riders. We will post all of the entries online (using our social media channels) at the end of the competitions. Our Judging Panel will meet (virtually) once all the entries are in and will judge using the existing rules. We will be running virtual podiums to celebrate the successes. The results will be posted on this Website and on Social Media within 48hrs of the competition end.
Cable Wakeboard UK virtual competition rule. The video must end no sooner than three seconds after the rider has landed their chosen trick.
- The video must keep the rider within the frame at all times, including helmet, board and hands.
- The rider can be filmed from any angle, the judges must be able to see the approach, the full rail hit, the landing and ride away.
- Video submission is online only via the entry form below, but you must also enter on cablewakeboard.net for ranking.
- The video must be filmed in high quality. If the video is deemed low quality, we will only judge what we can actually see.
- The video should not be edited in any way apart from cropping the length of the video if necessary.
- The video must be filmed and submitted for the purpose of this competition, and not be submitted for any other competitions.
- All riders must be wearing an appropriate helmet and impact vest.
- Riders must be identifiable and must not cover or hide their face.
- Riders must submit their full name on the entry form and not their nickname.
2020 Virtual Rail Comp Rules
Each rider may submit one video featuring one rail hit of their choosing.
- The rail hit can be completed on any rail/box/hack or pool gap at any cable, including system 2.0.
- The video must start before the rider makes contact with the feature.
- There must be no other riders in the water near the feature.
- Submission of videos will close automatically on the 18th October at 6pm.
Any rider not wearing an appropriate helmet and impact vest will be instantly disqualified.
Do not take any additional risk over and above that of participating in wakeboarding – do not push yourself beyond your own capabilities for the purpose of this competition. Always ride within your limits.
Please follow social distancing and covid-19 guidance at all times when practicing and filming your run. Anyone not following covid guidance will be instantly disqualified.
This competition is organised with the backing of British Water Ski Federation Ltd & The GB Cable Wakeboard Committee.
03. Entry Form
The Finer Details
One Star National Competition – 100 Ranking Points available. In the case of Pro and Open categories, the points will be allocated as follows: Pro positions will be allocated first, then Open positions will rank below Pro. Podiums will happen for both categories Pro and Open, but ranking will be based on overall positioning across both groups. Three riders are required to open a category, riders will be merged up into other categories if there are not enough to open a category.